TO AUBURN COMMUNITY HOSPITAL EMPLOYEES
The Cayuga County Health Department announced today that they have confirmation of two new positive cases of Covid-19 in Cayuga County. These people are in mandatory quarantine and are not being treated at ACH at this point. The Cayuga County Health Department is interviewing these people and are tracking and reviewing their contacts over the recent past several days per the normal procedures prescribed by health officials. As a reminder, due to privacy laws, ACH cannot share additional information.
All necessary precautions for the safety of our staff and other patients who may be treated in the hospital are in place should a positive case of Covid-19 be admitted to ACH. Please abide by HIPAA regulations; the ACH Social Media policy, and at all times- respect the privacy of our patients.
PLEASE PRACTICE PREVENTIVE ACTIONS:
– Practice social distancing. Stay 6 feet apart from others.
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
– Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Our Auburn Community Hospital team from maintenance, housekeeping, and cafeteria workers to all of our healthcare professionals and our primary care offices have been doing an amazing job in taking care of the needs of our patients and colleagues during this pandemic. As hospital leadership, we simply cannot thank you enough for your hard work as this health crisis moves through our region. We will continue to offer updates as they become available.
Scott A. Berlucchi
President & CEO
John Riccio, MD
Chief Medical Officer
Download the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Education Presentation