Surgical Services - Inpatient & Outpatient
The Surgical Services Department at Auburn Community Hospital is focused on supporting the health needs of the people in our community. Specifically, these surgical services are intended to serve patients who will stay in the hospital up to 23 hours after surgery (Inpatient Surgery), or less than 23 hours after surgery (Outpatient Surgery).
Services include pre-admission testing, the surgical procedure itself and patient recovery monitoring in our post anesthesia care unit.
The team of medical professionals staffing our Surgical Services Unit includes Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, Registered Nurses and Patient Care Assistants. In all cases, patients will speak with the Surgeon and anesthesiologist prior to their procedure.
The services provided by the Surgical Services unit include:
- Pre-admission Testing reviews a patient’s health history, current medications and lab work as needed to help assure the best possible outcomes for the patient.
- Pre-Surgery patient and Surgeon/Anesthesiologist interviews to discuss all relevant information.
- Surgical Procedures as specified by the patient’s referring physician.
- Laser Eye Surgery uses state-of-the-art YAG laser technology.
- Post Anesthesia Care monitors a patient’s recovery after the surgical procedure to assure that a patient is ready to be discharged.
- Physician/surgeon instructions and follow-up appointments monitors patient progress.
- Surgical Services Outpatient Surgery (One-Day Surgery) Unit is located on the first floor of the hospital and features 14 private day surgery rooms.
- Pre-Admission Testing is conducted either at the hospital or on the phone. Specific tests, if required will be conducted at the hospital.
- Post Anesthesia Care is located in the Outpatient Surgical Unit and uses state-of-the art patient monitoring equipment.
Hours of Operation
The Surgical Services Outpatient Unit is open Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
For More Information
To schedule an appointment or to request information about Surgical Services please call (315) 255-7011.