Cardiovascular Lab Services
The Cardiovascular Laboratory at Auburn Community Hospital is an outpatient facility that performs cardiovascular and peripheral vascular diagnostic procedures on patients known or expected of having cardiac (heart) disorders. It also provides examinations to identify specific neurological conditions in the brain.
Our team is committed to providing high-quality and compassionate care to all patients. The professionals that make up the Cardiovascular Laboratory team include:
- Board Certified Cardiologists
- Registered Nurses
Together they perform a variety of specialized tests, to determine the best treatment options for patients. They are also involved in helping patients better understand what happens during their tests as well as helping to assure their comfort. The team is focused on providing physicians with the critical information necessary to treat their patients.
The services provided by the Cardiovascular Laboratory include various examinations and tests designed to yield specific information to treat a variety of conditions involving the heart and brain function. Services available within the hospital include:
- Cardiac Studies
- Echocardiography (2D and 3D)
- Stress Echocardiography
- Electrocardiography (ECG/EKG)
- Nuclear Stress Echocardiography (Nuclear Medicine)
- Ankle Brachial Index/ Pulse Volume Recording (PVR) Studies
- Holter Monitoring (24 and 48 hours)
- Routine Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Sleep-Deprived Electroencephalogram
The Cardiovascular Laboratory utilizes a variety of advanced technologies to obtain critical diagnostic information. These include:
- Ultrasound to image the heart and related vascular structures
- Electronic processing of electrical impulses from the heart and brain (EEG and EKG)
- Nuclear isotopes for specialized stress tests to help determine the effects of heart attacks, etc.
The laboratory also has its own digital data storage system that is tied to the hospital’s PA (Picture Archive) system and enables physicians to access information off-site via a secure web portal.