Cardiovascular Lab Services
The Cardiovascular Laboratory at Auburn Community Hospital is an outpatient facility that performs cardiovascular and peripheral vascular diagnostic procedures on patients known or expected of having cardiac (heart) and vascular (circulatory) disorders. It also provides examinations to identify specific neurological conditions in the brain.
Our team is committed to providing high quality and compassionate care to all patients. The professionals that make up the Cardiovascular Laboratory team include:
- a board certified cardiologist
- a vascular technologist certified in ultrasound
- nursing staff
Together they perform a variety of specialized tests, to determine the best treatment options for patients. They are also involved in helping patients better understand what happens during their tests as well as helping to assure their comfort. The team is focused on providing physicians with the critical information necessary to treat their patients.
The services provided by the Cardiovascular Laboratory include various examinations and tests designed to yield specific information to treat a variety of conditions involving the heart, vascular system and brain function. The services that are available within the hospital include:
Vascular and Cardiac Studies
- Arterial Doppler examinations
- Stress Echocardiography
- Electrocardiography (ECG/EKG)
- Nuclear Stress Echocardiography (Nuclear Medicine)
- Routine Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Sleep-Deprived Electroencephalogram
The Cardiovascular Laboratory utilizes a variety of advanced technologies to obtain critical diagnostic information. These include:
- Ultrasound to image the heart and related vascular structures
- Electronic processing of electrical impulses from the heart and brain (EEG and EKG)
- Technetium (TC99,) a nuclear isotope for specialized stress tests to help determine the effects of heart attacks etc.
The laboratory also has its own digital data storage system that is tied to the hospital’s PACs (Picture Archiving System) system that enables physicians to access information off- site via a secure web portal.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For More Information
To schedule an appointment or to request further information about our Cardiovascular Laboratory please contact us at (315) 255-7081.