Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Auburn Community Hospital provides Comprehensive Cardiac Rehabilitation and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs. Located at Auburn Community Hospital, the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program, features a multidimensional group of services to help patients recuperate from cardiac disease. This program focuses on patients who have the following conditions:
The medical professionals within the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program are all highly experienced and skilled in utilizing the latest approaches to benefit patients irrespective of their age.
Our team includes:
The program’s physicians and support staff work with patients and their families to provide a compassionate level of quality care that helps patients achieve the goal of improving their quality of life by successfully managing and improving their cardiac health.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Services
- Medical & cardiac supervision
- Electrocardiogram monitoring
- Supervised exercise & nutritional counseling
- Comprehensive patient education regarding stress management, diet and exercise
- Smoking cessation programs
- Psychological assistance to address depression, anxiety, stress
- Assistance in controlling weight, cholesterol and high blood pressure
- A Phase 2 Cardiac Rehab program with 36 telemetry-monitored visits over a 12 week period
- A self-pay, Phase 3 Maintenance program where participants can continue exercising two days/week as an extension of Phase 2
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program features specialized services that are focused on patients with various types of pulmonary conditions or diseases including:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) - to help reduce symptoms and decrease a patient’s level of disability
- Chronic Respiratory Impairment - despite optimal medical management, are short of breath, have reduced exercise tolerance, or experience limitations in their normal daily activities
The program’s overall goal is to get patients to increase their participation in physical and social activities to improve their overall quality of life.
The specialized team making up the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center is headed by Dr. Rajesh Rao, a highly trained and board certified Pulmonologist.
The interdisciplinary team Dr. Rao directs includes:
In addition to:
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services
Hours of Operation
Monday- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Our eight week program meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center.
For More Information
To schedule an appointment or to request further information please contact us at:
Cardiac Rehabilitation: (315) 255-7388
Pulmonary Rehabilitation: (315) 255-7238