The newly redesigned 14-bed adult Behavioral Health Unit at Auburn Community Hospital provides psychiatric services to patients ages 18 and older with acute symptoms of psychiatric illness or disorders and who require a safe, therapeutic and confidential environment to improve their mental health. As a short term care facility, the unit’s focus is to provide compassionate treatment to stabilize patients and reintegrate them back into the community and with their families.
Patients are referred from a variety of sources, including Auburn Community Hospital’s Emergency and other clinical departments, Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation Program (C.P.E.P), community physicians, other facilities, self-referral, and family members.
The highly skilled and experienced team within the Behavioral Health Unit understands the difficulties and stressful situations patients and their families are faced with. Upon admittance, each patient receives a complete assessment by members of our team that includes a:
- Board Certified Psychiatrist
- Registered Psychiatric Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Social Worker
- Recreational Therapy Associate
The services provided by the Behavioral Health Unit are focused on addressing the needs of the patient while working with family members to help their loved one improve their behavioral health. The services provided by the team include:
- patient evaluations
- development and administration of individualized patient treatment plans
- educating and counseling patients and their families on the illness, medications, individual therapy, group and family therapy, health and wellness and coping skills to assist and encourage them to work with the treatment providers to promote the patient’s recovery
- providing therapeutic regimens and sessions with the patient
The Behavioral Health Inpatient Unit has been newly remodeled and is now located on the 3rd floor of the hospital. The large, comfortable semi-private rooms are airy and bright and include their own lavatories. The unit exceeds New York State Office of Mental Health environmental standards.
Hours of Operation
Patients are admitted to our Behavioral Care Unit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Weekends and Holidays:
9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
For More Information
To schedule an appointment or to request more information about our Behavioral Health Unit please call (315) 255-7011.