Fingerlakes Bariatrics is a comprehensive bariatric program that provides surgical intervention for patients with morbid obesity. We focus on behavioral change to help patients achieve long term successful weight loss. A major component in helping patients better understand their condition is the program’s commitment to education and support to help achieve behavioral change that must occur in addition to surgery to ensure the best possible long term results.
The Bariatric team is led by Dr. Carl A. Weiss III, a fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS) as well as the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (FASMBS). He has extensive experience in bariatric surgery and advanced training in minimally invasive (laparoscopic) surgery. The nursing and dietary support staff are experienced and well versed in the specific needs of the bariatric patient. Most important is the program’s commitment to help patients understand that while surgical intervention is a major step in overcoming morbid obesity, compliance with specific dietary recommendations, regular exercise and support group participation are all essential to achieve long term success.
Why Choose Fingerlakes Bariatrics?
Fingerlakes Bariatrics is accredited by the American College of Surgeons and is a member of MVP’s Bariatric Surgery Specialty Network. It is also designated as a Blue Center of Distinction for Bariatric Surgery by Excellus Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
The services provided by the Bariatrics team are designed to help achieve long-term success with proven surgical procedures in conjunction with support group participation with meetings held on a weekly basis that are led by the bariatric team.
- Dietary counseling by licensed dietitians to begin the education process on the importance of proper nutrition before and after Bariatric surgery.
- Gastric Sleeve – patients are usually in the hospital for 2 days and most patients are back to their usual routine in several weeks.
- Lap Band (performed laparoscopically) – patients are usually sent home within 24 hours.
- Gastric Bypass (performed laparoscopically) – patients are usually in the hospital for 2 days, after which, most patients are back to their usual routine in several weeks.
- Follow-up medical evaluations and laboratory evaluation.
- Nutrition counseling by licensed dieticians that are physician supervised to help establish and assure behavioral changes that will result in long-term successful weight loss.
- Support groups are held every week at Auburn Community Hospital.
Fingerlakes Bariatrics uses advanced laparoscopic techniques and instrumentation in state-of-the-art operating room suites specifically designed for laparoscopic surgery. Minimally invasive surgery requires several small incisions and results in a less discomfort and quicker recovery in comparison with conventional surgical approaches.
Hours of Operation
Fingerlakes Bariatrics is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 a. m. to 3:00 p.m. Appointments with dietary staff are available until 5:00 p.m.
For More Information
To schedule an appointment or to request information about Fingerlakes Bariatrics, please contact us at (315) 255-7036, visit our website at FingerlakesBariatrics.com or use the chat button below to speak with a live representative.