Together with Auburn Community Hospital’s team of medical professionals and support staff, a team of volunteers is on hand to help expand the services available to patients. Coordinated through our Volunteer Office, our volunteers provide an added level of support to the hospital’s many departments. In their role, volunteers help these departments deliver quality and compassionate care to its patients and the residents of Cayuga County.
Every year our volunteers donate their time and talents to the staff, visitors and departments of our hospital and continue to be our best advocates.
Collectively, our volunteers represent people from all walks of life and all corners of our community. Their reasons for volunteering are just as diverse. Some are:
- Interest in knowing more about medical fields
- Acquiring new skills
- Developing new interests or friendships
- Staying active and involved
- Experiencing the satisfaction of helping others
- Learning about our local healthcare facilities
Some volunteers have even been patients of the hospital. No matter who they are, they all reflect a desire to give back to our community. We have over 100 volunteers who help in 30 departments throughout our facilities.
There are many ways to serve as a volunteer at our hospital including our Junior Volunteer Program. From high school students for community service requirements to retirees with extra time to give back to the community, we have many opportunities. Some of our volunteer services include:
- Assisting our nursing staff
- Answering patient questions
- Providing clerical assistance
- Transport Team
- Patient escort / transporting patients for testing or discharge
- Running errands
- Assisting with resident activities at Finger Lakes Center for Living
- Assisting Gift Shop Manager
- Spiritual Care
- Mail delivery to patients
- Delivering books, magazines and newspapers to patients
ACH is always looking for caring individuals who are willing to help make our community hospital a better place for our patients. If you are willing to make a difference, please contact the Volunteer Office at (315) 255-7350 and we will gladly follow up with you shortly. Thank you for your interest in helping Auburn Community Hospital to provide quality and compassionate care to our community.
Finger Lakes Center for Living:
Hospital Gift Shop - Cashier:
Nutritional Services - Cashier:
Hours of Operation
Located on the first floor of the hospital in the West wing, our Volunteer Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
For More Information
To find out more about our volunteer programs and the volunteer opportunities that are currently available, please call the Volunteer Office at (315) 255-7350.