Auburn Community Hospital (ACH) is searching for compassionate members of the community who have the right skills to be a Patient Access Clerk.
Responsible for interviewing patients and responsible parties in order to obtain accurate and complete personal and insurance data. Responsible for pre-registering patients for scheduled procedures and obtaining authorization and verifying insurance eligibility.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, plus business courses.
- Two (2) years experience in an office setting preferred.
- Central Registration and scheduling experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Must possess excellent demonstrated communication skills both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of insurances and medical terminology a plus.
- Every other weekend is required.
- This position is a flex position which may require scheduled day, evening or overnight shifts.
- Generous shift differentials!
We offer employees competitive pay, generous health benefits. On site pharmacy with discounted prices. Free, convenient parking. Working with ACH gives you the opportunity to play an important role in the health and well-being of our community.
ACH is a not-for-profit, 99-bed acute care facility located in Auburn, New York. As the sole provider of acute and general hospital services in Cayuga County and the surrounding areas, we serve a population of approximately 80,000 throughout the Finger Lakes region. Come experience what a career should feel like with Auburn Community Hospital.