Today’s healthcare delivery environment demands a high level of accountability to help assure that all of Auburn Community Hospital’s programs are continually monitored for quality, continuous improvement and safety.
Quality Improvement helps to ensure that we are delivering the best care and the best value to our patients and the community at large. It plays a major role in helping us to earn the trust of patients, families and referring physicians. We strive for ongoing quality improvement because our business is to provide the best in patient healthcare.
We approach our quality improvement programs by utilizing specific proven qualitative and quantitative analytical tools together with surveys and focus groups. This helps us to identify areas that need attention. We use this data to improve the processes and procedures used to deliver our services and ensure that quality performance is continually improving. We do this by:
- Benchmarking our progress with organizations such as the Joint Commission (JC), the Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services, the New York State Department of Health, and others so that we can monitor and report on our key clinical performance initiatives, medical outcomes, and patient satisfaction.
- Analyzing the care we provide, studying outcomes, adjusting processes, and comparing our results to other institutions. Key programs involve the Center for Medicare Services core measures (CMS), Acute Myocardial Infarct data (AMI), Congestive Heart Failure studies (CHF) and Pneumonia.
- Continuously assessing our performance measurement and improvement reporting structure, tools, processes and outcomes.
- Utilizing consistent methodologies for collecting, reporting and analyzing data to help sustain increased levels of quality performance.
- Implementing best practices when analyzing core measures for improvement with performance-based reviews and evidence-based medical processes to help increase quality performance.
For More Information
For questions on Quality Improvement or on how to fill out our evaluation survey please feel free to contact us at (315) 277-7166.
To request more information about Auburn Community Hospital’s Quality Improvement Program please call (315) 255-7318.