Celebrating 135 Years of Service to Our Community
Posted on: 02/05/2014
In 2013, we celebrated the 135th birthday of Auburn Community Hospital’s service to our community. It was a landmark year in many regards. Our many achievements and accomplishments were due to the tireless efforts of our Physicians, Nurses, Healthcare professionals.
It is with gratitude that we note the following highlights of 2013:
QUALITY OF CARE
• Our Value-Based purchasing scores saw a marked increase over 2012 scores.
ACH was ranked the 3rd most improved hospital in Central New York.
• Excellent Regulatory Survey results were achieved by our Behavioral Health Unit,
Laboratory, General Radiology and Mammography Services
• An after-Hours Pharmacy program was established. Additionally, an electronic
Medications Administration process was inaugurated that utilizes bar-coding
technology to guarantee that the right patient, receives the right medication and
the right dose at the right time.
• Eastern Fingerlakes Medical Care has assumed the medical leadership of our
Emergency Room and our two Urgent care centers. This group of ER physicians and
assistants is comprised of experienced and dedicated providers who live and
practice in our community.
• Both our Auburn and Skaneateles Urgent care centers have extended their
Hours of Operation from 8am-8pm Monday thru Friday and weekends from
• Many of our Patient rooms have been converted to private rooms for the comfort
of our patients.
• In 2013 we have implemented many initiatives to enhance the quality of our
PHYSICIAN RECRUITMENT / PATIENT ACCESS TO CARE
• We welcomed 48 new active and courtesy practitioners to our medical staff.
Notably, Dr. Henry Klotz( Gastroenterology) , Dr. Karen Ordzywolski
( Neurology ), and Dr. Tanya Paul ( OB/GYN) all began practicing in 2013.
• A new OB/GYN office was opened in Seneca Falls.
• We are proud to continue our service to our local veterans through our contract
renewal with the Veteran’s Administration to operate a Primary Care clinic
• A state-of-the-art CT scanner was acquired that now gives our physician’s
the highest quality images available to aid in their diagnosis and treatment
• A robust Computerized Physician Order System (CPOE) has been implemented
that enables our patients to be treated more safely than ever before.
• Our VA clinic now offers telemedicine for a broad array of specialty services for
our veterans. Their care is now kept close to home.
In 2014 we look forward to the continued growth and development of all of our
services. It is a very challenging yet exciting time in healthcare and we remain wholeheartedly
committed to our mission of providing the highest quality of care to all
whom we serve.Back to archive