ACH and McKesson Announces New Release of Paragon Electronic Health Record
Posted on: 10/25/2016
McKesson Enterprise Information Solutions (EIS) today announced the latest release of Paragon®, the comprehensive electronic health record (EHR) solution. Paragon 14.0 includes a number of enhancements to foster customer success. In addition to several innovative workflow enhancements for pharmacy, lab and operating room management, the release offers improved clinician and financial workflows.
Auburn Community Hospital, which is a remote hosting client of EIS, served as a pilot site for Paragon 14.0. “Since we went live with Paragon 14.0, we have received positive feedback from a large number of clinicians,” said Christopher Ryan, chief information officer at Auburn Community Hospital. “They like the enhancements to workflow and the improvements in navigation. The development team has done a great job in improving the application during the beta process with a focus on enhancing the provider experience.”
Noteworthy enhancements within Paragon 14.0 include:
• Improved computerized physician order entry (CPOE) that allows for better order selection options to aid pharmacy formulary compliance
• Integration with McKesson’s OneContentTM enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to efficiently store and retrieve financial documents
• Paragon Clinician Mobile on the Apple® platform, which enables the placing of orders and other mobility functions
• Workflow improvements to the Paragon Laboratory Results Release Grid, which allows result entry decision support to enable laboratories to release accurate results more quickly
• A Paragon Laboratory alphanumeric result view, which enables laboratories to standardize and flag both qualitative and semi-quantitative results
• A restructured Paragon Laboratory status capability that enhances automated integration; allowing non-Paragon lab systems to easily update statuses within the Paragon EHR system
• Nursing workflows to streamline medication administration and order management for therapists
• Physician workflow enhancements to enable physicians to better view and navigate flowsheets
For more information on the Paragon 14.0 release, visit mckesson.com.
About McKesson Corporation
McKesson Corporation, currently ranked 5th on the FORTUNE 500, is a healthcare services and information technology company dedicated to making the business of healthcare run better. McKesson partners with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. McKesson helps its customers improve their financial, operational, and clinical performance with solutions that include pharmaceutical and medical-surgical supply management, healthcare information technology, and business and clinical services. For more information, visit www.mckesson.com.
About Auburn Community Hospital
Auburn Community Hospital (ACH), located in the heart of the Finger Lakes region of Central New York , is a not-for-profit, 99-bed acute care facility serving a population of approximately 80,000 in Cayuga County and surrounding areas. Strategically, it has grown into an Integrated Healthcare Delivery System comprised of a hospital, a long term care and rehabilitation center, the Finger Lakes Center for Living, and Auburn Memorial Medical Services, P.C., a multispecialty group practice of Primary Care and Specialty physicians. In 2016, Auburn Community Hospital was named as one of the “Most Wired” Hospitals in the nation according to the 18th Annual Health Care’s Most Wired Survey released by the American Hospital Association’s (AHA) Health Forum. For more information, visit www.auburnhospital.org.
View source version on businesswire.com: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161024005274/Back to Article List